Saturday, March 17, 2018

FW: Solr reload process flow

-----Original Message-----
From: Akshay Murarka [mailto:akshay@saavn.com]
Sent: 14 March 2018 12:27
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr reload process flow

Hey,

I am using solr-5.4.0 in my production environment and am trying to automate
the reload/restart process of the solr collections based on certain specific
conditions.

I noticed that on solr reload the thread count increases a lot there by
resulting in increased latencies. So I read about reload process and came to
know that while reloading
1) Solr creates a new core internally and then assigns this core
same name as the old core. Is this correct?
2) If above is true then does solr actually create a new index
internally on reload?
3) If so then restart sounds much better than reload, or is there
any better way to upload new configs on solr?
4) Can you point me to any docs that can give me more details about
this?

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Regards,
Akshay=

No comments:

Post a Comment