Saturday, March 17, 2018

FW: Boosting with 0 factor

-----Original Message-----
From: Dariusz Wojtas [mailto:dwojtas@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 March 2018 21:59
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Boosting with 0 factor

Hi,

I have a question about boosting queries with ^0

I am using LTR. In the 1st step I want to narrow the query, but limit
'noise' results as much as possible. The 1st step is defined as follows:
<str name="q">{!edismax qf='keyword_id^10 keyword_nonid^2
keyword_lastNames^2 keyword_names^1' v=$searchedTerms}</str>

And I have lots of such boosted fields, but want to narrow them dynamically.
I may pass boost factors as local params, with ${boostVal}. This part works.
If I set boost to 0, as in the example below for field 'keyword_id', will it
execute query on that field or skip it since boost of factor 0 will boost
the result?
In short: will it bring performance savings, or not?

<str name="q">{!edismax qf='keyword_id^0 keyword_nonid^2
keyword_lastNames^2 keyword_names^1' v=$searchedTerms}</str>


Best regards,
Dariusz Wojtas

No comments:

Post a Comment