Saturday, March 17, 2018

FW: DocValuesField fails if bytes > 32k in solr 7.2.1

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 March 2018 00:10
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: DocValuesField fails if bytes > 32k in solr 7.2.1

No, it wasn't fixed "a long time back" in the sense that you could do this
on any docValues field. Note that JIRA says "(individual codecs still have
their limits, including the default codec)".

Before anyone fixes it, the question is "what is the use-case for storing
such large DocValues fields ?"

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Minu Theresa Thomas
<minutheresathomas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I am using solr 7.2.1. I am getting an exception while indexing saying
> that "DocValuesField <field_name> is too large, must be <= 32766, retry?"
>
> This is my field in my managed schema.
>
> <field name="field_name" type="string" indexed="false"
> required="false" stored="true"/>
>
>
> When I checked this lucene ticket -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4583, it says its fixed
> long time back.
>
> Can someone please let me know how do I get this fixed?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Minu

No comments:

Post a Comment